The Latin name of Silene is Yucca schidigero.(L)
Alias: Natural steroid Sa sprinkle saponin
The main components are steroidal saponins (Sarsapogein, Smilagenin, Hecogenin), Saponin- free, Glyco- and glyco-complexes. Components).
The main efficacy and mechanism of action of Silan extract
1. Reduce the emission of ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and other harmful gases, improve the environment of livestock buildings
As early as 1982, there is a U.S. research and development reported that the active ingredients in Silan extract can limit the generation of ammonia in manure, improve the decomposition rate of organic matter, thereby reducing the concentration of ammonia in the air of the barn, to achieve the effect of deodorization, can reduce the amount of ammonia in manure 40% to 60%, 50% of the amount of hydrogen sulfide.
Mechanism of action.
(1) Silica extract is a kind of urease inhibitor. It can inhibit the activity of urease and reduce the decomposition of urea into ammonia.
(2) Promote microorganisms to convert ammonia into microbial proteins, thus reducing the production of ammonia in feces and urine
2）The macromolecules (greater than 200,000 daltons) and sequential molecules in Silica extract can directly adsorb and bind harmful gases such as ammonia in the environment
(3) Silica extract can prevent nitrification of nitrogen in feces and urine, so that nitrogen exists in inorganic form, thus reducing ammonia emission to the air.
2. Promote animal growth and improve the quality of animal products
Mechanism of action.
(1) Silan extract can reduce the concentration of ammonia, reduce the stimulation of ammonia to the intestinal tract, reduce the release of excrement and ammonia in the intestinal tract, and improve the living environment of animals.
2) Silica extract reduces the proliferation of animal intestinal tissues, slows down their renewal, and reduces the consumption of energy, protein and oxygen.
(3) Silica extract also has certain biological activity, which can stimulate anaerobic fermentation, promote rumen fermentation, increase microbial protein synthesis and improve meat quality.
3. Promote the digestion and absorption of feed nutrients and improve feed remuneration
Mechanism of action.
(1) Silansaponin is a natural surfactant, which helps to remove the garbage adhering to the intestinal mucosa.
(2) Silansaponin is difficult to pass through the epithelial cells of the digestive tract, is not absorbed in the intestine of animals, can delay the passage of the contents of the digestive tract, thereby improving digestibility.
(3) Silymarin can change the morphology of the epithelial cell membrane of the digestive tract, reduce the surface tension of the cell membrane and promote the absorption of nutrients.
4. Enhance the immunity of the body and prevent the occurrence of diseases
Silica extract has the effect of thickening the intestinal mucosa of animals, preventing the invasion of certain viruses, inhibiting the absorption of nutrients from the digestive tract by viruses and harmful bacteria, and inhibiting their proliferation in the digestive tract, as well as reducing the concentration of ammonia in the barn, reducing respiratory diseases and avoiding the resulting neurological disorders in animals.
Applications of Silica extract in animal production
1. Chicken farming
A chicken farm in the United States added 85mg/kg of Silica extract to the feed of laying hens, compared with the control group, the egg production rate increased by 5% and the feed consumption rate decreased by 3%; adding Silica extract to the feed of broilers and turkeys, the daily weight gain increased by 4% and 6% respectively. Adding 3l-155mg/kg of Silan extract to the diet of laying hens, the egg production rate increased and the concentration of ammonia in the chicken house decreased significantly with the increase of the added amount, which greatly improved the economic efficiency.
2. Pig breeding industry
In the Netherlands, Silan extract products were added to the feed at the rate of 120g/t for piglets and 100g/t for meat pigs, and the results showed that compared with the control group, the weight gain of piglets increased by 14.7% and that of meat pigs increased by 6.10%, and the feed consumption was reduced by 8.2% and 3.8% respectively. The addition of Silan extract to pig feed can greatly reduce the concentration of harmful gases such as ammonia and hydrogen sulfide in the pig house, thus reducing the odor and the harm to pigs. Adding 125mg/kg of Silan extract to the diet of fattening pigs, the average daily weight gain increased by 3.1%, feed conversion ratio increased by 6.15% and feed cost decreased by 6%. Carcass length, grade, eye muscle area and backfat thickness were improved.
3. Cattle breeding industry
Researchers at the University of Colorado in the United States mixed corn and hay in a ratio of 4:6 and added 24-48 mg/kg of Silica extract to feed cattle. The result of Silan extract can improve the digestibility of solids and propionic acid production rate in the rumen of cattle; in the diet of beef cattle containing 70% concentrated feed, add Silan extract at the ratio of 50g, 100g, 200g per ton, the result of 100g/t for beef cattle. Good. The number of flies and midges in the barn was greatly reduced and the odor was reduced by 90% when the silkworm extract was spread in the moist environment of the barn at the rate of 1000 square meters/g and 5-10ppm of silkworm extract was added to the reservoir of barn washing water in California, USA and other farms.
4. Aquatic animals
The addition of 100g of Silan extract per ton to shrimp farming significantly reduced the total ammonia nitrogen excretion and improved water quality, and improved the cycle weight gain and meat ratio of shrimp. It can also help reduce the incidence of black spot disease by 50% and improve water quality, reduce the damage caused by Vibrio disease, and there is no drug residue, is a green feed additive for shrimp production.
Add 250g per ton of basic diet in poodle, pet feces decreased significantly in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd week, . Week 23.5% decrease, as a natural and safe pet nutritional supplement for cats, dogs, horses and other small animals with a significant promotion of joint, skin and digestive health.
Recommended dosage of Silica extract
As a natural plant additive, silk orchid extract can not only improve the breeding environment of animals, improve the resistance of the body, prevent the occurrence of diseases but also promote the growth and development of livestock and poultry, improve the quality of animal products, which has a broad application prospect in livestock production.
Specification Animal category Recommended additive amount
Chicken industry Broiler 100-200g/ton
Laying hens 100-150g/ton
Pig industry Lactating sows 120g/ton
Growing pigs 100g/ton
Breeding pigs 60g/ton
Cattle industry Beef cattle 400-800 mg/head/day
Dairy cattle 800 mg/head/day
Pets Dogs and cats, etc. 250g/ton
Aquaculture Fish and shrimp and other aquatic products 2-3kg/ton
Address: Room 202, Building B8, Huanchuang Enterprise Square, Lugu Street, Yuelu District, Changsha City, Hunan Province
Business scope: Biotechnology, research and development of plant extracts (can be used in the field of pharmaceutical and health products, cosmetics, feed additives and biological pesticide production and development)
Main products: Eucommia extract - chlorogenic acid (5%-98%), ursolic acid (25%-98%), corosolic acid (1%-98%), bitter amygdalin (50%-98%), epimedoside (10%-98%) and other standardized high-purity plant extracts.
If you wanna know more about us, please feel free to contact me at:
Whatsapp: +86 13548561509
or you can send me online message if it's convenient for you.
We look forward to cooperating with you!