Emodin is a naturally occurring phytoalexin produced by some higher plants in response to injury or fungal infection. Phytoalexins are chemical substances produced by plants as a defense against infection by pathogenic microorganisms, such as fungi. Alexin is from the Greek, meaning to ward off or to protect. Resveratrol may also have alexin-like activity for humans. Epidemiological, in vitro and animal studies suggest that a high resveretrol intake is associated with a reduced incidence of cardiovascular disease, and a reduced risk for cancer.
1. Pain killer ,heat-clearing and detoxifying.
2. Anti-cancer and anti-mutation.
3. Detoxifying purging lung and dissolving phlegm.
4. Cardiovascular protecting.
5. Heart and liver damage prevention.
6. Thrombotic forming prevention.
7. Advancing immunity system.
8. Anti-oxidation and enlonging life.
9. Anti-inflammatory and antibiosis effects,fat losing and weight control.
1. Food additive;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field as medicine supplement or OTC ingredients. Treat cancer and cardio-cerebrovascular disease.
3. Applied in cosmetics to delay aging and prevent UV radiation.