What is Cantharidin?
Cantharidin is a potent small molecule inhibitor of PP2A (protein phosphatase 2A), used as an herbicide and a known toxin to animals. Cantharidin shows strong inhibition of PP2A (IC50=40 nM) compared to the analog Endothall (sc-201325), with Cantharidin displaying near complete inhibition of phosphatase activity.
Latin Name:Mylabris cichorii L.
1. Preventing tumors from forming and suppressing their growth.
2. Treating skin red sparkle or increasing growth of hair.
3. Protecting against cancer cells.
1. Cantharidin Powder (diluted solutions) can be used as a topical medication to remove warts and tattoos and to treat the small papules of Molluscum contagiosum.
2. Cantharidin Powder can also be used to help treat lung cancer, rectum cancer and carcinoma of mammary gland, etc.
3. Cantharidin Powder has been widely put into clinical use, like treating skin diseases.