Chinese Name：Lu Gen
English Name:Reed Rhizome
Latin Name:Rhizoma Phragmitis
Botanical Name:Phragmites communis Trin.
Active Ingredients:asparamide, tocopherol, caffeic acid, gentisic acid
Specification:Whole herbal root, cut herbal slice, grounded herbal powder
Radix Isatidis (indigowoad root), as the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), is a kind of dried root of the plant Isatidis indigotica Fort (family Cruciferae), and is officially listed in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia. It is mainly distributed in Hebei, JiangXi,Zhejiang, Fujian, Anhui and Gansu provinces in China. It has been used as a medicinal plant for more than 2000 years from Shen Nong Ben Cao-Jing, a famous ancient Chinese medicinal literary and has a widely useful activities including anti-virus, anti-bacterial, anti-endotoxic, anti-inflammatory, and immune regulatory effects. Because the chemical constituents with anti-bacterial effect of Radix Isatidis remain uncertain, the reasons for its actions have remained a puzzle for a long time. Some researchers considered that the extract of Radix Isatidis had high anti-virus effects.
1. Radix isatidis extract indirubin has destroyed effect to leukemia cells.
2. Radix isatidis extract could significantly enhance the function of antibody-forming cells.
3. Radix isatidis extract has the function of inhibiting a wide range of bacteria and virus.
4. Radix isatidis extract plays significant role in staphylococcus aureus, escherichia coli, salmonella typhi and shigella.
1. As a strong antioxidant, radix isatidis p.e is widely used in cosmetics industry.
2. As the medicine of anti-inflammatory,antibacterial,antioxidant and anti-tumor drug, radix isatidis extract is widely used in the fields of medicine and health products.