Product Name: Hawthorn Berry Extract
Latin Name: Crataegus pinnatifida Bge. var.major N. E. Br.
Part Used: Fruit/leaf
Active Ingredient: Vitexin, Flavones, Polysaccharides.
Specification: Vitexin 1%-5%(HPLC),Vitexin-2-rhamnoside, Flavones 10%- 98%(UV)
Appearance: Brown powder
Test Method: HPLC, UV
Size: 80 Meshes
Extract Method: Water/Enthanol
Hawthorn, botanical name Crataegus oxyacantha, grows as a thorny shrub with white and pink flowers and berries in Europe, Western Asia, North America and Northern Africa. Modern medicinal parts used are the leaves and flowers whereas traditional preparations use the fruit. The main active constituents of Hawthorn are flavonoids including oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs), vitexin, vitexin 4'-O-rhamnoside, quercetin, and hyperoside.These flavonoids act as potent antioxidants.
1. Dilating coronary artery, improving myocardial blood and decreasing myocardium oxygen consumption, thus preventing ischemic heart disease.
2. Inhibiting thyroid peroxidase, anticancer and antibacterial.
3. Decreasing blood lipid, inhibiting platelet aggregation and spasmolysis
4. Scavenging free radicals and enhancing the immunity.
5. Hawthorn Extract can Remove the radical that may cause all kinds of diseases.
6. Hawthorn Extract can dispel senile plaques and prevent alzheimer's disease.
1. Hawthorn Extract applied in food field,it is widely used as functional food additive.
2. Hawthorn Extract applied in health product field, it owns the function of strengthening stomach,promoting digestion and preventing postpartum syndrome.
3. Hawthorn Extract applied in pharmaceutical field, it is frequently used in treating coronary heart disease and angina pectoris
4. Added into the cosmetics with the function of delaying aging and compacting skin, thus make skin much smooth and delicate.Owning estrogenic effect and reliefing symptom of climacteric syndrome.